Toucan Wines 2012 Estate Zinfandel

Friday, April 15, 2011

Fun Times, Hard Work...

I'm on break from working in the vineyard, so I figured I'd write a little update. This weekend is the first of many festivals we've signed up for this spring and summer, I always enjoy the customer response and feedback when pouring our latest releases.

Currently we're raising the one wire that we have in the vineyard to the highest point on each stake (picture). This one wire was installed to carry the drip line, however, its no longer the primary purpose. In fact, we really don't use the watering systems any more, but I do keep it working in the event we have several years of extreme drought. The one wire I referred to - we now use to tie-up the longer vines as the summer growth really kicks in. I know, its a hybrid head-trained style, and forced by the need to drive the rows to spray and mow the vineyard. The vines when tied higher oppose lower, keep the upright shape of the vine as the permanent arms grow.

Ordering wine from Toucan Wines couldn't be easier, I recommend that you simply call us at the winery at 805-474-8514... we can help you with your selection and make sure you're getting the best value! Visit our new Facebook page, and give us your LIKE !!

No comments: